Last modified December 2021
- Section 1: Privacy Statement
- Section 2: Additional Privacy Notice for California Residents
Section 1: Privacy Statement
GO Car Wash Management, Corp (“GOCW”) is committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and share that information.
Scope and information that this Online Privacy Statement covers
This Online Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) applies to Personal Information (defined below) collected on our websites, mobile applications, or cloud-based services and communication platforms with a link to this Privacy Statement (collectively, the “Site”). It covers how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process personal information as of the date that this Privacy Statement is posted. It does not apply to any other information collected by GO Car Wash through any other means. Further, our Online Privacy Statement does not apply to “protected health information” subject to the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA"). By “Personal Information,” we mean information that identifies or can identify you personally.
GO Car Wash’s website (the “Site”) contains links to third-party websites, including websites of our business partners. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any websites maintained or operated by third-parties. When you click on those links, you will go to a third-party website where you will be subject to that website’s privacy statement and we encourage you to read that policy statement.
Summary of Key Issues
|Collection||We collect Personal Information about customers, visitors and users of our locations, services and website.|
|Use||We use Personal Information to provide you with services, to build and improve our services and features, to contact you about our services, and to send advertisements, marketing material or other offers that we think might be of interest to you.|
|Sharing||We may share your Personal Information with external service providers, third party vendors, or as otherwise necessary to support a transaction with you and manage and promote our business.|
|Security||We employ reasonable and current technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of Personal Information.|
|Marketing and Choices||You have control on how we use Personal Information for marketing. You can exercise your control in any marketing communication, please click here Unsubscribe for more information.|
|California Residents||If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you, which is set forth below in the Additional Privacy Notice To California Residents, about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your Personal Information.|
|Data Retention||We generally retain your Personal Information only as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement.|
|Children||Persons under the age of 16 are ineligible to use our services and should not provide us with any Personal Information. Parents may use our services on behalf of a minor child.|
|Changes||We will provide notice of any material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a prominent notice on our Site and/or emailing you.|
|Contact Us||If you have questions not answered in this policy, you may contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-833-GOWASH1|
1. Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information to provide requested services or information, enhance the services we offer you, maintain and improve the Site, protect the security and rights of our company, locations, site and customers, comply with legal obligations, and inform you about other services and products that may be available through us, our affiliated companies, and our marketing partners. We collect Personal Information about you when you visit our locations, interact with us or browse this Site, such as when you:
- Visit our locations;
- Contact us with questions;
- Purchase a service or make a payment;
- Register for an account with us;
- Sign up for newsletters;
- Submit comments, reviews, or other user-generated content;
- Request customer or technical support.
Personal Information includes:
- Postal or billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile number;
- License plate and vehicle information;
- Images collected by security cameras at our locations;
- Payment information;
- Device being used (for our site);
- Other relevant data.
Even if you do not send us any Personal Information, we collect certain information through automatic means, such as non-identifiable data about how you use our Site and images from cameras located on our property.
Applications through GO Car Wash Career. GO Car Wash collects Personal Information provided to us through our employment application portal, provided and made available to us by our third-party vendor. This Personal Information is collected directly by our third-party vendor and then shared to us for purposes of the application process. You choose what Personal Information of yours you provide during the application process. Data collected via applications will be used to:
- Make decisions regarding applications
- Keep a record of previous applications.
Personal Information includes:
- Work History;
- Education History;
- Or other information related to specific application.
We make no representation that we will review your application for any particular job opening or that your application will result in an interview or job offer.
Payment Information. When you make a purchase we collect payment card information or other billing details from you through our third party service provider and/or our point of sale, including your name, card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. This information will be securely transmitted consistent with payment card industry rules to the appropriate payment facilitators.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our services;
- For billing and collections purposes;
- For security purposes;
- To create De-identified Information such as aggregate statistics relating to the use of our services;
- To notify you when updates are available;
- To market and promote our services to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide us Personal Information; and
- For any other purpose for which you give us authorization or as permitted by law.
3. Sharing of Your Personal Information
We only use and share your Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and meet our legitimate business and legal objectives. When we disclose Personal Information to external entities to perform support services for us, we establish by contract that they may access your Personal Information only for the purposes of performing those support services. We may also disclose what we know about you to our business partners, to offer you other similar products and services. We may also use and disclose certain Personal Information to our affiliated companies and others for any purpose allowed by law.
Business Activities. We generally process and may disclose your Personal Information to the categories of recipients outlined above in order to:
- Identify and authenticate customers;
- Perform purchases and other transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our products;
- Protect the security of our locations and websites;
- Market our services to you, and send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run, grow and develop our business, including through the use of data analytics; or
- For any other everyday business purposes, such as product development and Site administration.
All above exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
4. Your Rights Concerning Your Personal Information
You have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
- Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other communication from GO Car Wash, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us using the link at the bottom of the message. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, however, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues or any questions.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. Please review your browser or computer settings for certain cookies and see below to exercise certain choices regarding cookies.
You are not required to provide all Personal Information identified in this Privacy Statement to use our services or our Site, but certain aspects will not be available to you if you choose not to provide Personal Information.
5. Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
Information Collected Through Technology. In accordance with applicable law, GO Car Wash uses and allows third parties to use essential and non-essential cookies, online tracking tools, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “cookies”) on our Site. We process this information to help our Site function correctly, and better understand the needs of our customers.
Cookies on our Site generally fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how those users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
We also use certain information to identify new visitors to our Site, recognize returning visitors, advertise on other websites and mobile applications not affiliated with us, analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors, and determine whether you might be interested in new products or services.
Controlling Our Tracking Tools. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers or browser plugins can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. (e.g., we will not be able to provide you with searches that you have asked us to save). You can change your cookie settings at any time.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads. We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads. This may include ads served on or through our Site. This may also include ads served on other companies’ websites. These ads may be based on information collected by us or third parties. For example, your postal code may be used to target an ad for people in your area. These ads may also be based on your activities on our Site or on third-party websites.
Device Information. Depending on the permissions you’ve granted and other factors, we may also receive information about your location and your mobile device when you download or use apps created by our Sites, including a unique identifier for your device. Examples of the device information we collect include:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Certain device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals are gathered if you enabled the functionality within our product configuration.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services, and we encourage you to contact your device manufacturer for detailed instructions on how to do that.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That’s why we have technical, administrative, and physical controls in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We also review our security procedures periodically to consider appropriate new technology and updated methods. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
7. Data Retention
Depending on the service you require, we will retain your Personal Information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement or as set out in our contracts with our business partners, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by a law that applies to us.
This Site is not intended or directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children, or knowingly track the use of our Site by children. If GO Car Wash has actual knowledge that Personal Information about a child under 16 years old has been collected, without parental consent, then GO Car Wash will take the appropriate steps to remove or disable that Personal Information. If you believe we have impermissibly collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 16, please contact us as detailed below.
9. Changes or Other Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material change in how we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process Personal Information, we will prominently post an updated Privacy Statement on our Site. Any material changes to this Privacy Statement will be effective 10 days after our posting of the updated Privacy Statement or as otherwise required by applicable law. Where required to do so by law, we will seek your prior consent to any material changes we make to this Privacy Statement.
10. Comments and Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or wish to correct or update your Personal Information, or unsubscribe from any updates you have requested, write to customer service at:
Attn.: Privacy Officer
7400 E Orchard Rd, Ste 260S
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
United States of America
You may also send us an email at us at email@example.com
Section 2: Additional Privacy Notice for California Residents
Personal Information Collection and Purposes of Use
Consistent with the "Collection of Your Personal Information" and "Use of Your Personal Information" sections above, GO Car Wash collects and uses the following categories of personal information regarding California residents: name, email address, postal address, telephone number, license plate number, vehicle information, payment and billing information in order to provide services, communicate with you, manage our operations, meet legal requirements and protect our rights and the security of our locations, Site and customers.
Applicants and Employees
GOCW collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefits administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes and to be in legal compliance. Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we intend to use this information:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependents or other individual’s information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the Company’s information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as facial recognition, fingerprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, or other physical patterns.
- Geological data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and call monitoring and video surveillance.
- Profile or summary about an applicant/employee’s preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
The company collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- Onboarding processes;
- Timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- Employee benefits administration;
- Employee training and development requirements;
- The creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- Reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- Workers’ compensation claims management;
- Employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and other human resources purposes.
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workplace analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company’s operations, including for safety purposes.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors and agents.
Our Personal Information Handling Practices in the Preceding 12 Months
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: name, email address, postal address, phone number, license plate number, vehicle information, payment and billing information.
We have collected that personal information from the following categories of sources: directly from those California residents who have visited our locations, our Site or communicated with us.
We have collected that personal information from California residents for the following purposes: to provide services, communicate with customers and/or to provide customer support.
We have shared the personal information of California residents with the following categories of third parties: third party service providers in order to respond to your inquiries, update you about our products and services, and with whom we engage to diagnose, address and/or resolve your request for customer support for a product purchased.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold personal information about California residents. In the preceding 12 months, GO Car Wash disclosed California residents' personal information only if necessary to our third party service providers to respond to your inquiries and for the purpose of diagnosing, addressing and/or resolving requests from a consumer for a product purchased.
Automated License Plate Recognition Systems
We use automated license plate recognition (“ALPR”) systems at our locations in order to identify and authenticate customers, associate vehicles with customers who have subscriptions or loyalty accounts with us, and bill for services.
Employees at our locations, employees in our corporate offices whose job duties relate to payments, subscription or account administration or security, and service providers who assist us with these functions are authorized to use or access the ALPR system and the information it holds. All such employees and service providers are trained on appropriate use of the ALPR system, their privacy and security obligations and associated confidentiality requirements. Our security, audit and legal teams monitor the ALPR system to ensure the security of the information and compliance with applicable privacy laws. We maintain records of all instances of access to the ALPR system and the purpose of that access, as well as internal policies on acceptable purposes and means of accessing the ALPR system.
We do not sell ALPR information to other persons. As noted above, we may transfer or provide access to ALPR systems to our service providers who support the functions described above or provide technical support for the systems.
DRB Systems is responsible for implementing the protections and training described in this section.
Customers may contact us to correct any errors in the ALPR information. We use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to ensure that the data stored in the ALPR is accurate and protected from alteration, misuse and unauthorized disclosure. Information will be stored in the ALPR system only as long as it is needed for business and legal compliance purposes. When information is no longer required, it will be securely destroyed.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights
California residents have rights to request access to or deletion of their personal information. This includes the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. If you are a California resident, you can submit such access or deletion requests with us as follows: contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-833-GOWASH1 (1- 833-469-2741). The Company will undertake to verify that the consumer making the request is the consumer (or by a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child or is authorized by the consumer) about whom the Company has collected personal information by matching the identifying information that the consumer (or by a consumer on behalf of the consumer’s minor child or is authorized by the consumer) has provided with the personal information maintained by the Company or through the use of a third party service provider. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
For further information about our privacy practices and your rights, see sections 1 above.